Saturday, 22 September 2012

Misunderstood

Source
Are your intentions misread?
Stretched to unbroken point
Beautiful head asking for
twists; no, twisted
That would be painful
for you to understand

Wouldn't want you thinking
too much now, would we?
That would be twisted
And asking for too much
Let's keep it simple
An easy equation

Mostly horizontal
Vertical, triangular
Quadrilateral even
As many figures as you like
if you're partial to an audience
Don't say I didn't warn you

Could get tiring
and we both know
a marathon isn't something
you're predisposed to
It's a common dream
Hardly a shared goal

As you cower in limp defeat
after combat; we both know
your bark waged valiantly
Another day in a tale
of disparate ambitions
And no headaches

©Adura Ojo 2012

'Misunderstood' came to me after a funny comment made in this post.

15 comments :

  1. Ah yes, I like the idea of

    'Let's keep it simple
    an easy equation.'

    I will vote for that any day. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll vote for that too, Mary.
      Headaches, I do not like. Lol.

      Delete
  2. if things get too complicated, there's a point when it's hard to de-tangle them again...twist and twist and more twists..why does the human brain sometimes work in such a complicated way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia,

      I can soooo relate to that. Particularly this week. I seem to do things the complicated way sometimes when there's an apparently easier way. Can't figure it out myself!

      Delete
  3. I hate it when misunderstandings occur, its long draining battle ~

    Happy weekend to you ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Heaven,

      It can be draining.
      One's energy is a finite resource.
      Have a great weekend, Heaven:)

      Delete
  4. ha, keep it simple and mostly horizontal...smiles...yep, i hear you...ha....and the marathon being a common dream not a shared goal....really cool line that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's a man always on my wavelength! LOL. Thanks much, Brian.

      Delete
  5. Stretched to unbroken point...my favourite line...and I know that post! :) I liked reading both your poetry and the flash this day. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Adura .. complications muddle everyone don't they ... keeping it simple and keeping within our own goals, thinking before we speak .. but banish those irrational thoughts from our mind .. simple keeps things quiet and easy ... Thanks - love everyone's comments - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep it simple...a good thing . Nice write !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't we all hate being misunderstood. I wouldn't have been able to put it so poetically though!

    ReplyDelete