Friday, 9 December 2016

Perfect Snow....It's Cold Outside

Cold season is upon us again. Here is one I froze some five years ago. It's very cold, but enjoyable. Hope you find it so. You can read the original post here.



Perfect Snow

The joy of cleaning windows is that I
see the dirt you leave behind  
Like your treacherous torso,
a winter of discontent stretches before me
You smile and I bleed unseen blood on snow
peaks of perfectly reconstructed teeth

Between fluorescent smiles of unblemished
brightness, red lips poised to sing:
Merry Christmas darling mine
I am a man with bruised insides and misled toes
‘Pity time does not always announce a
change of plan while you get central heating

in your extremities. Your blue Xmas
offering I watch with new eyes
and a hardened heart. Just don’t
get to the black ice beneath the snow, be careful
Caution left this home of unbridled lust
Sold to Ebenezer scrooge, the reason

love is a four letter word. 

©Adura Ojo - November 29, 2011

No comments :

Post a Comment